The goal of the Arredondo Family Foundation is to empower military families, friends and community in the prevention of military related suicides and to provide support through education and support services. Our fundraising initiative for the Boston Marathon provides suicide prevention at no or low cost across the state and supports military families who have lost a loved one to military suicide throughout Massachusetts. Through our programs and partnerships, we help those who have served in our military get access to care and have resources to help with the anguish and sadness of suicide. Scholarships are also available for military siblings.
- Runners needing a bib are responsible for raising $7,500 minimum.
- Runners who are qualified or have a bib are responsible for raising $2,000.
- Registered Qualified and Charity Runners are welcome to apply.
- Applications will be accepted until all spots are filled. Interviews will be conducted.
- This program is managed by CharityTeams.com which provides runners with the support and encouragement to successfully meet the goals of both running and fundraising.
Note: All runners must be able to finish the Boston Marathon in 6 hours or less.
All runners who are selected to Run for the A Team will receive the following.
- An official entry into the 2019 Boston Marathon
- Full and personalized 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized weekly group runs out of Under Armour Brand House in Boston throughout the season.
- Discounts at Under Armour Brand House
- Opportunity to run the CharityTeams Superhero 17 and CharityTeams Hop21 training runs on the course.
- Private bus to the start
- Kickoff meeting and pre-race pasta party
- Official team gear
- A positive team experience and memorable journey of running the 2019 Boston Marathon supporting the Arredondo Family Foundation